Saturday 13 March 2010

I HATE MISSING GIGS!!!!


I know now, more than ever, that I want to be a music journalist. Why? Because I'm meant to be going to see one of my favorite bands tonight, Architects. Give them a listen; http://www.myspace.com/architectsuk

It's no-ones fault I'm not going, sadly just lack of money all round. Unfortunately I hastily bought a ticket before anyone else, and the gig sold out. This meant that even if I wanted people to come with me, they couldn't.

So now I've spent the day sulking and being miserable, because I haven't been to a good gig in ages and I've been excited about this for weeks. What's making it even worse is that every time I sign in to facebook or twitter, Architects are ranting about how "awesome" the tour has been so far and how 'syked' they are for tonight.

I hate missing out on things in general, but this is particularly annoying me because it's been so long. I remember in my gap year when I had total disposable income, and going to gigs was a twice-monthly event sometimes. It was at a gig that I decided to study music journalism, because I was stood there thinking "wouldn't it be rad if I got paid for this, wait, I can!".

But, for tonight, I'm just going to have to man up, forget about how furiously amazing the gig would have been, and look forward to the festival season in the Summer.

I'm also missing out on buying some sweet merch, particularly the 'combat whale' t-shirt - probably the best concept for a t-shirt I've ever seen.
http://architects.bigcartel.com/product/combat-whale-shirt-new
Check that out, that's what I'm missing, bollocks.

1 comment:

  1. "But, for tonight, I'm just going to have to man up, forget about how furiously amazing the gig would have been, and look forward to the festival season in the Summer."

    I couldn't emphasize with you more on having to miss your favourite band - that sucks beyond all recognition. But you are right, in Summer you will right the wrong that has happened to you tonight!

    I think a night of CoD and a few beers are in order for you tonight!

    ReplyDelete